Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inspections
Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inspection License Form Example
Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inspections Checklist
Below is a list of the most common reasons a unit fails Housing Quality Standards (HQS) during Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inpections. You'll want to look over your unit carefully before the inspector comes out as Baltimore City will be unable to enter into contract with units that fail HQS inspection.
- All ceilings, walls, and floors must be strong, sturdy, and in their permanent positions.
- A working smoke detector with a live battery must be installed on every level of the unit, including in the basement and outside of sleeping rooms. If any members of the family have hearing problems, install one for the hearing impaired.
- The entire unit, both inside and outside, including window frames, must be free of cracking, scaling, peeling, chipping and loose paint in order to pass Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inpections. This prevents exposure to possible lead-based paint hazards.
- Where there are four or more consecutive steps, handrails must be securely attached. This applies to both the interior and exterior of the unit.
- The unit must be free of roaches, rodents, or any other infestations to pass Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inpections.
- The entire unit, interior and exterior must be free from electrical hazards. There may be no loose, hanging, or exposed wires. All three-prong outlets must be wired correctly. A three-prong circuit tester will be used at the time of the inspection to assure safety.
- Every room used for living must have either two working outlets or one working outlet and a permanently installed light fixture. At a minimum, each bathroom must have a permanently installed light fixture.
- All light switches and outlets must have secured plate covers installed.
- All windows and doors must be secured when closed, and must be weather tight. Also, the one accessible from outside must have working sturdy locks.
- All open able windows must have a mechanism to secure them in place.
- Every bedroom must have at least one open able window for ventilation, if windows are designed to open.
- If the unit has a 3rd floor sleeping room(s), & the family is eligible to use this room for sleeping; the owner must provide a safe method of escape in the case of fire. For example: Chain ladder.
- If there is a bathroom with a toilet that is not hooked up to water and sewer lines it must be repaired. If it is removed, the drain must be sealed to prevent rodents and/or sewer gases from escaping into the unit.
- The bathroom must have an open able window or an exhaust fan for ventilation to pass Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inpections.
- The hot water tank's pressure relief valve must have a discharge line extending down to six" from the floor.
- The flue pipe leading from the furnace and hot water tank must be sealed where they enter the chimney. Also, check to ensure that the flue pipes connecting to the furnace and hot water tank are installed correctly.
- Every room used for living must have an adequate heat source. If the source is gas, it must be vented to the outside. If the source is electric, it must be permanently installed and controlled by a separate thermostat.
- If the downspouts or gutters are damaged and/or missing, causing interior damage of the unit, they must be replaced or repaired. Any damage to the interior of the unit due to the missing or damaged downspouts or gutters must be repaired.
- The unit must be free from any accumulation of garbage or debris, both inside and outside to pass Baltimore City Landlord Rental Inpections.
- The owner must provide "refusal disposal". These facilities include trashcans with covers, garbage chutes, dumpsters with lids, and trash bags if they are the types approved by the local Health and Sanitation Department.
Your Baltimore Area Home Inspecton Company
Homecheck Home Inspection Company is available to you night or day to be sure your home inspection goes smoothly.
What is a home inspection?
A Home Inspection is intetended to assist in evaluation of overall condition of a building. The inspection is based on observation of the visible and apparent condition of the building and its components on the date of the Inspection. The results of a Home Inspection are not intended to make any representation regarding latent or concealed defects that may exist, and no warranty or guarantee is expressed or implied. If your Home Inspector is not a licensed Structural Engineer or other professional whose license Authorizes the rendering of an opinion as to the structural integrity of a building or its component parts, You may be advised to seek a professional opinion as to any defects or concerns mentioned in a home-inspection report.
Read more: Your Baltimore Area Home Inspecton Company
Commercial Building Inspections
Baltimore Commercial Building Inspections
Homecheck Inspection Services offer residential zoned commercial, light commercial and industrial commercial property inspections. Whether you're buying a restaurant or an office building, we're here to help!
We'll evaluate structure, roof, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems to make sure your structure is sound!
Why Use Home Check for Commerial Building Inspections in Baltimore and Beyond
Home Check provides the best commecial building inspections in the industry at reasonable prices. We're one stop shopping for all of your commercial building inspection needs.
Our team has an average of 12-13 years experience in inspecting and combined have inspected tens of thousands of structures in the Baltimore, Washington Metropolitan areas. After we perform a commercial building inspection, we'll provide you a software generated report along with your inspection, and for a small extra charge can supply a report with pictures of any areas of concern we found during the course of the inspection.
We perform radon testing and radon inspection in:
- Commecial Building Inspection - Fredrick County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Carroll County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Howard County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Baltimore County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Harford County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Cecil County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Anne Arundel County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Prince Georges County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Montgomery County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Charles County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Queen Anne County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Kent County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Talbot County
- Commecial Building Inspection - Caroline County
Our support staff is excellent and will answer any of your inspection, testing and scheduling questions, and get you your test results, paper work and Certificates to you in an efficient and timely manner. Our support staff is our companies secret weapon because a lot of Inspection Companies do not have office help and our one man shows, where the paperwork end of the business slips through the cracks. This can be a real problem for a client waiting for test results that never seam to come and time is running out on you contract. Our staff is well aware of the time constraints in Real Estate Contracts and we take your needs very seriously and will get you the test results and other inspection items to you ASAP.
Baltimore County Landlord Rental Inspections
By January 1, 2009, all properties had to be registered with the County and have passed a rental inspection checklist by a licensed home inspector.
We can offer this service to any landlord on a per unit basis.
Read more: Baltimore County Landlord Rental Inspections
Baltimore Lead Testing - Lead Paint Inspectors
Your Baltimore Lead Paint Inspectors
Homecheck Inspection Services tests for lead based paint on residential and commercial properties. We are most often employed by landlords and property manager to ensure their compliance with Maryland lead paint laws, because it is required that landlords in Maryland have valid lead paint certificates for their properties.
Read more: Baltimore Lead Testing - Lead Paint Inspectors
Baltimore Area Radon Testing
Homecheck Inspection Services is certified in radon inspections and can help assure that your home is safe from this dangerous, cancer causing gas.
Read more: Baltimore Area Radon Testing