We can offer this service to any landlord on a per unit basis.
Rental inspection checklist you should inspect before calling an inspector.
- Check smoke detectors
- Be sure electrical system/switches are working
- All plumbing - functional hot and water
- Windows are operational
- Proper ventilation of all combustion appliances (furnace, hot water heater, dryer)
- Carbon Monoxide detector
- Secondary means of escape from sleeping areas (windows)
- No exterior safety hazards
- Visual inspection - look to be sure there are no obvious holes or other damage to the property
- Basement rental inspection checklist: window with a minimum of 5.5 square feet opening, no more than 44 inches from the floor, or a basement door with a thumb-turn deadbolt
- Railings on stairs more than three steps high (indoor and outdoor)